Mental Health & Substance Use
Everyone reacts to stress and traumatic experiences differently. While some have reactions that can be seen as normal responses to life events, others may experience signs or symptoms of more serious conditions.
Mental health and substance use conditions can affect anyone; you are not alone. The Military Health System has many resources available to help those who need it.
If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat at 988Lifeline.org. 988 connects you with a trained crisis counselor who can help.
Dunham U.S. Army Health System Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Our facility offers the following Mental Health and Substance Use Services for Active Duty Service Members:
- Mental Health Consultation
- Substance Use Disorder Clinical Care (SUDCC)
- Family Advocacy (Assessment and treatment of Active Duty Service Members and Families experiencing intimate partner violence and/or child abuse)
Currently, our clinic does not offer Mental Health or Substance Use services to Active-Duty Family Members, Retired Active-Duty, or Retired Family Members. Please visit humanamilitary.com or call 1-800-444-5445 for assistance on finding in-network providers.
Additional Support or Behavioral Health Services at Carlisle Barracks:
- Carlisle Barracks Chaplain and Religious Services:
- Phone: 717-245-3318, 717-226-4599
- Hours Mon-Fri 8:00a.m.- 4:00p.m.
- Army Community Service (ACS)
- Phone: 717-245-4357
- Hours Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m.-4:00p.m. Closed Weekends and Federal Holidays
- Military Family Life Counselor
- For an appointment call 717-448-4509
- Employee Assistance Program (for Government Civilian Employees)