Outpatient Medical Records
We maintain, track and safeguard all medical records for Dunham Army Health Clinic empaneled patients. We also process requests for medical records and health care information from other Military Treatment Facilities, health care institutions, patients and their lawful representatives. We abide by standards and policies that ensure the privacy and confidentiality of your treatment information.
Your medical record is used to:
- Evaluate and treat your condition
- Plan your care
- Document your diagnosis, treatment, and change in condition
- Keep your information current
- Communicate with your health care providers
- Assist in protecting your legal interests and those of Dunham, your providers, and the Defense Department
- Justify costs incurred by third party payers
- Accurately communicate between your health care providers and other patient services such as utilization management, risk management, quality assurance, and outside agencies
For these reasons, it is necessary for your medical record to "live" at Dunham as long as you receive care at our facility.
Copies of Medical records
Copies of medical records are available upon request.