Women’s Health and Pregnancy
Women's Health refers to comprehensive women’s health care as well as health issues that are unique to women, including:
- Conditions of the Female Organs
Be sure to get early and regular prenatal care to ensure you have a healthy pregnancy. You should also get recommended breast cancer, cervical cancer, and bone density screenings.
Our goal is to ensure the health and readiness of all women at every stage of life.
Beginning 6 February, 2023, get all your contraceptive care at Dunham U.S. Army Health Clinic. Visit our Contraceptive Care for more information.
Women’s Health Services
We provide a wide scope of Women’s Health Care, to include but not limited to:
- Pap Tests and HPV DNA Testing starting at age 21 (Cervical Cancer Screening)
- Birth Control prescriptions (pill, patch, or ring) or placement of Nexplanon or Intrauterine Devices
- Assessment and management of menopausal symptoms
- Assessment and management of painful or unpredictable periods
- Clinically indicated Breast and Pelvic Exams
- Sexually transmitted infections testing and screening
- Counseling services for Active Duty Service Members
We do not have the following care available in-house. However, we can coordinate consultation/referral to have these needs met by community health partners:
- Mammogram starting at age 40 (Breast Cancer Screening)
- Osteoporosis Screening starting at age 65
- Sterilization procedures (Tubal Ligation)
- Surgical services for diagnosis or management of gynecology concerns
- Prenatal/Pregnancy/Postpartum Care
- Pregnancy can be diagnosed at Dunham but all other care must be completed at other facilities
- Female patients will usually return to Dunham for primary care 6 weeks after delivery
If you have questions about a service, please contact our Women’s Health clinic at 717-245-3400.
How to Make an Appointment
Call 717-245-3400 to make an appointment for Women's Health and Pregnancy Services.
TRICARE Covered Services
TRICARE covers well-woman exams annually for women under age 65 with no cost-share or copayment. TRICARE offers coverage for many women’s health services, including:
For women who are age 65 and older and using TRICARE For Life, you can still get women’s preventive screenings. Get more information about these and other TRICARE covered services at: https://tricare.mil/coveredservices/isitcovered/